Monday, November 9, 2009

THE CRYING SOUL OF DREAMING EYE



(presented by The Sovereign Union of the Spiritual Self)

The extreme sadness
Of what goes on in the world
While everyone around me
Prances about In the silly dalliances of everyday life
Makes me seem like a saint.
But I am not pure
Just aching raw in my heart,
Unable to 'have fun,' enjoy
Get serious
Be ambitious
Just bobbing about -
With one more credential,
Or another skill set
Yet wasting away in
A killing-time zone
Seemingly ill-suited to any
Normative endeavor
(Secular or whatever)
Unable to meditate much
I contemplate the nothingness
Of endless outer space
And it feels like
My waiting-room life -
Only waiting To live free
Or die Mummified
A cantankerous old coot
Who could never get along
Who loved the world too much
Who was never understood
And couldn't understand
How others
Are so
Comfortable here.

No comments:

Post a Comment