Sunday, November 17, 2013

I FEEL THE CRUSH OF FOOLS


I feel the crush of fools –
Claptrap jingo-man at the door
Wrapped up, canned and packaged

I know the cheap sugar high
The flame-tipped donut dunk –
All iced and swirled and sappy

I know the fat-laden drag
Sizzle mound chunk munch,
Blocked and draped and lumbered

I see a mad world driven
By money-comfort reptile bloods
With coffers lush and brimming

I hear the bloat and blather
Info-communication-Techno show –
Those boring, bickered strains

I smell the smacking funk and stuff –
Ghouls that guard progressive ways,
Are fragranced, leached and stagnant

I taste dull fruits from strangers’ hands –
Spoilage/life preventative, additive
Homogenized dyed-out glop

I cry, and cry, for infants’ souls
For cold-stiff-nipple baby wants
Alone, apart; apart, insane

I feel the crush of fools
A knowing void, the black abyss
Odd doings on the silent hush.


May 6, 1992
Santa Fe, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment